Sunday, February 3, 2008

Back from Austin

I've survived my latest job-related journey, this one to the LSC TIG conference in Austin, Texas. I met a lot of great people and learned from some of the other Geek Lawyers who do the kind of work I do. Results of that learning will make their way here, to jaxoutloud.com, and to my sites in the Law Help network.

Austin is a nice town and has a great vibe. I was on my own, so I didn't take many pictures or do much interesting stuff. But I could just tell that the town had a seriously great vibe. The most exciting thing I found there was the retail outlet of the famous bigshoes.com store. When you're like me, you have a hard time finding shoes to fit your ginormous feet. Thanks to my trip to Austin, I have some new shoes, new ideas, and a new outlook on life. It's amazing how clear your head can be when your feet aren't squished into too-small shoes.

Meet my new kicks:


I have a lot to cover in the world of politics and tech, but now I want to put on my new shoes and do something with this beautiful (early-spring) Jacksonville day.

No comments: