Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Super Hedge

There's been a lot of talk about politics today and in the past weeks. It's no secret that I was early in Al Gore's corner, hoping that we the people could convince him to be drafted into the Presidential race. Instead, he focused on saving the planet and collected his prizes and trophies and awards. I can't hold that against him.

My second choice never went anywhere, though he holds some influence at this point. He's Bill Richardson and his support will be important to the eventual Democratic nominee. The same could be said of John Edwards who, though was never my choice, impressed me in the debates. His support will also how sway in Denver, or sooner.

It's no secret that I cast my ballot for Hillary Clinton. I early-voted here in Florida before all the bad stuff went down in South Carolina. But, then the bad stuff went down and I began to regret my vote, feeling a little buyer's remorse way too soon.

Then I watched the debate in California last week between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. I didn't have buyer's remorse anymore. Hillary rocked the debate. But... but... Barack did too. I was supremely impressed by his responses to questions on Iraq and hope for the future of our country. Forget buyer's remorse: now I want two-for-one! I could support either (or, though unlikely, both) in November.

For the first time in a long time, I feel very good to be a Democrat. We have two fine, capable, wonderful candidates who are ready to lead beginning at noon on January 20th. The Republicans have Huck McRomney. It feels good to win. And I say that nearly two hours before the polls begin to close on Super Tuesday.

No comments: